• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dealer opinions

ebishop

NAXJA Forum User
I am on a road trip and recently developed a very nasty squeal from the front end of my 2000 that comes and goes. I need to take this in and have it looked at before heading back to NY. Anyone have experience with Battlefield Jeep in Charlottesville VA?

Thanks,

Eric

I don't know the dealership, but I got my undergrad and graduate degrees at UVa in C'ville and can tell you that anything in that town is going to cost you $$$ more than going up to PA or even back home in NY. Try and limp north of DC if you can.

Dave

What kind of squeeling? Might be something as simple as the serp. belt needs to be replaced. Does it look like its glazed or about to let go at all?

the squeak is very metallic, not a belt, I got rid of that noise. U-Joints are new last fall, could be brakes but it does not change when the brakes are applied, it does go away at low speed, or at least I can not hear it. It started after I had the brakes heat way up coming down from a mountain.

Back