• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mustang injector o rings

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone that put mustang injectors into a Renix engine had any problems with the fit of the o rings into the fuel rail? I have a set of the 4 hole injectors from a Mustang that I am trying to fit into my 88 MJ and the o rings seem to be very difficult to fit up into the fuel delivery rail. Astroglide?

LOL, Astroglide!, I have them in my renix,(the ford injecotrs not the astroglide) if the o-rings are new, (and they should be) they won't go in easy but they will go in. I used light machine oil but I'm sure astroglide would work. be careful not to use a plier or other tool putting them in, they can crack and you wont see the split in them till you fire it up. (Big whoops there, helping a inpatient friend) Anyways, take your time and push straight in. Good Luck.

They should be tight - that's what lets them seal...

Each time I've put in injectors, the O-rings were off of them, so I dropped them in a cupful of clean gasoline, and got them out and put them on right before I stuck the injector in the hole.

You could probably use some sort of petroleum-based lubricant - Vaseline or grease comes to mind. I've also used "red moly" grease with good results - just don't use too much, or it gets messy. Light machine oil will also work - so will "honing oil" for knives.

Petroleum-based lubricants will eventually dissolve in gasoline, making them clean up after themselves.

5-90

Just use some grease, vaseline, Crisco, anything like that will work. They'll fit, but it's going to be tight and it's supposed to be tight. Just be careful not to break the injector in the process.

Back