• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch lift

Gnat5680

NAXJA Forum User
if i add 2" to my rig what tires can i stuff in there with no problems or triming. i have a 95. also where can i get a 2" lift front AND back?

and what size can i stick in with no lift? (ex. 235,265,30,etc)

Last edited:
Try a search... and I'd have a comfortable chair ready if you're going to read a fraction of what you find...

What you're refering to is a budget boost or BB. There's more threads about them in here than there are grains of sand at the beach...

nhrocker said:
Try a search... and I'd have a comfortable chair ready if you're going to read a fraction of what you find...

What you're refering to is a budget boost or BB. There's more threads about them in here than there are grains of sand at the beach...
so what exactly is a BB?

stock you can fir 235/75R15 no problem, with a 2" lift 30's a perfect and ya can fit 31's with some trimming, like the other Rob said, try the search button

Got some 235's still on mine after a 3in lift. Might look similar if you wanna see. But someone will need to advise me on how to upload them on here. They are wallyworld liberator at's and had no issues at stock height and definitely not since the lift install. Am going with a 31 in a m/t or maybe a 32 on 15x10 wheels here shortly and don't plan on trimming. But I don't need a bunch of flex as it's a DD too. I may have to trim back on my rims to maybe a 8in wide depending on the backspacing I guess to not hit my LCA???

i would go ahead and get a 3 inch lift and throw some 31s under it.....just my opinion, but im thinking it will have more advantages in the long run........

The Search Button is your best Friend

Fozzy said:
kinda related, but is rustys teh only BB that comes with new coils instead of spacers?

No, but I wouldn't class them as a "Budget" boost. For other 2" setups with front coils, there are Old Man Emu and Rock Lizard.

Word of advice from my experience. Spacers are great for the front. Ive been running them on the front for nearly a year on a 96. However shackles are a joke if you have saggy springs like i did. And load them down a few times and they get worse. I finally put a 3" full length add-a-leaf a few days ago and love it. Actually made it ride better. Now just have to lower the transfer case bc i did get some vibrations. And Im on my 2nd set of 30x9.5s. I dont want anything bigger though. Good Luck.

Gnat5680 said:
any body got a pic of 235s on a stock jeep?
mounds.jpg

EDIT: I recently added a 2" BB and they look mighty small now (especially without flares). I'll be going to 31s when these are done.

Timber said:
I recently added a 2" BB and they look mighty small now (especially without flares). I'll be going to 31s when these are done.

So your telling me that my 225's are going to look stupid w/my 2" OME leaf springs I just got? Still got the fender flares on.

Also how dumb do you think it will look if I put on the rear leafs and wait till I get the money for the front coil springs? Or should I just wait and put it on all together? (another 2 weeks)

my newb .02 but I am in the process of doing my first XJ (95 also) and I have a Teraflex 2" lift with new Rancho 5000's with 31's on board. However I had to trim the front fenders (and will be cutting them more and removing the skirt) but we took her moderate wheeling this past weekend and had no problems.

Again, my .02

Peace

newpics0193jg.jpg

Last edited:
raypla said:
So your telling me that my 225's are going to look stupid w/my 2" OME leaf springs I just got? Still got the fender flares on.

Also how dumb do you think it will look if I put on the rear leafs and wait till I get the money for the front coil springs? Or should I just wait and put it on all together? (another 2 weeks)
It will only look as dumb as you think it is.

235s and stock:
96xj.jpg

235s and a 2" BB:
leveljeep.jpg

The 30s are farther down on http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/jeeplift.html

what about some 30" s on a stock 95 jeep. will they fit?

need to know now im about to leave for the tire shop.

any one that knows anything respond about this respond.

Back