• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rumbling motor

foxwar71

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i went out last saturday afternoon into this new mud pit. nothin special, just got pretty dirty. now when im idling sometimes/most of the time now, the engine will vibrate the hell outta the car and voltage drops and sqeakin occurs. i currenlty dont have my frotn skid on so it was on underneth and i think mud just trashed my belt. im hoping thats all it is, any other things i should look at too? im a little puzzeled if its somethnig else.

xn54yd.jpg

check your airbox to see if there is any water/mud in the bottom of it. i know if i hit a hole hard enough it pushes all that shit into my aircleaner.

pop off the tube going to the throttle body and check to see if anything snuck past the filter and is clogging up you IAC.

as for the voltage problem, try shooting some water on/in your alternator while it's running to clear out the mud.

mine did the same thing after a day of rompin in the mud. turned out to be the alternator. i had a spare so i just threw it in worked fine no more rumbles

I was also going to suggest that the alternator's the problem. You've probably got mud stuck on the alternator brushes so it might be worth your while pressure washing it to get all the mud out (engine off!).

Back