• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB compressor/locker

Jeepsterboy101

NAXJA Forum User
My rear diff fluid is being sucked out of the line to the rear diff. and out through the compressor in the engine bay. Wondering if anyone knows why? Wiring problem? Installed incorrectly? Compressor going bad? Pretty tired of re-filling my rear diff. and having to check it all the time just to make sure I am not bone dry. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a pic.

morebigbear068.jpg

You can see the one on the left is soaked in gear oil and the other dry as can be.

Thanks.

Sounds like the seal at the locker has failed. That seems to be a common ARB failure. :)

I called ARB because I had a similar issue with my front.
They said, and so did someone on this forum, the vent in the diff maybe plugged.
I was suspicious of this, but I blew out the vent and it seemed to stop sucking fluid.

XJ4PLAY said:
I called ARB because I had a similar issue with my front.
They said, and so did someone on this forum, the vent in the diff maybe plugged.
I was suspicious of this, but I blew out the vent and it seemed to stop sucking fluid.

Alright cool, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Back