• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What rear shoes?

Slo-Sho

NAXJA Forum User
Newb question...did search but nothing specific. Have a 8.25 4.10's/open but it has no brakes/hardware/drums. The parts house lists two different size brakes?? I measured the backing plate and was approx. 9.5" in diameter. Can anyone tell me what size shoes/drums I should be getting? TIA, Adam.:thumbup:

Slo-Sho said:
Newb question...did search but nothing specific. Have a 8.25 4.10's/open but it has no brakes/hardware/drums. The parts house lists two different size brakes?? I measured the backing plate and was approx. 9.5" in diameter. Can anyone tell me what size shoes/drums I should be getting? TIA, Adam.:thumbup:
Why not get the biggest that will fit?

Slo-Sho said:
To the best of my knowledge, no XJ with an 8.25 ever came with anything but 9 inch rear brakes.

10 inch brakes were only found on vehicles made before 1990, and mostly on D44 axles.

Ok thanx, I will get the 9" brakes/hardware/drums. I don't know why the parts house lists two different sizes 9 x 2.5" and 10 x 1.75". The axle came out of a 95 XJ 4 popper w/ a stick. One of those things that makes you scratch your head for a sec. :roll:

Back