• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel cell

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
i want to put one in cause my tank has DENTS galore in it and it would just get me more clearance but was wondering how diffiult.. anyone have pics or anything?

Smittty9785 said:
i want to put one in cause my tank has DENTS galore in it and it would just get me more clearance but was wondering how difficult.. anyone have pics or anything?
More clearance is also less fuel and no gage are you sure?

less fuel is already there cause of the major dents i can cope with less fuel but who need a gauge when i cal just look into my tank?

Smittty9785 said:
less fuel is already there cause of the major dents i can cope with less fuel but who need a gauge when i cal just look into my tank?
You can't look In a fuel cell all you would see is the filler foam.
You would be better off with a new tank and skid plate.

ok well what if i bought a fuel cell with a bubble in it so i can read it. cause why should i buy a stock tank for aprox 200 when i can get the same size fuel cell for $100 i mean my jeep isnt the prettiest thing in the world but i cut the top off and made the room........

New stock tanks can be had for $100.00 and you can still have a fuel gauge and don't forget you will also need a new external fuel pump with a cell.

my cell came with a sending unit on it hook up the one wire and it works fine . i think its 0-90ohms for the stock gauge to work , and u can use a few diffrent pumps e2000 a ford pump , e8305 a vw pump, stock mounted externally , might as well as you already have it , might not last but whatever. One thing i would suggest if you get a cell , get one with npt fittings if you can cheaper then an fittings .

Back