• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly Tranny mounts

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, there is MORE one, there is also Daystar.... what else is out there? My problem is that i keep killing the damn things and I'm tired of swapping them out.

Kejtar said:
My problem is that i keep killing the damn things ...

Clutch, use the clutch.

:D

I got the one from MORE that I just put in mine, it's an auto though. Made a world of difference in low gear of the 3.8 Atlas. My shifters were swinging a ton and everything felt loose. The poly made that go bye-bye, it was worth the extra vibration for me.

korda said:
I got the one from MORE that I just put in mine, it's an auto though. Made a world of difference in low gear of the 3.8 Atlas. My shifters were swinging a ton and everything felt loose. The poly made that go bye-bye, it was worth the extra vibration for me.

Hmmm the more I think about it the more I wonder about the different combinations: MORE in bay and rubber under tranny, rubber in bay and MORE under tranny. Cause even though as far as I can tell my engine doesn't really shift with the rubber ones, if I get the MORE ones in there it might stiffen it up to the point that the tranny could stay rubber: or am I imagining things?

Kejtar said:
Hmmm the more I think about it the more I wonder about the different combinations: MORE in bay and rubber under tranny, rubber in bay and MORE under tranny. Cause even though as far as I can tell my engine doesn't really shift with the rubber ones, if I get the MORE ones in there it might stiffen it up to the point that the tranny could stay rubber: or am I imagining things?
I just also bought a set of the MORE motor mounts. They use what looks to be a stock LCA bushing. I'm hoping this stiffens everything up and eliminates the problem I have tearing the junk NAPA mounts apart.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the MORE motor mounts. I thought they were overpriced (I got a gift certificate in Moab and used it to buy these) but after having them in my hands my opinion changed.

if you get a poly trany mount you have to get poly motor mounts otherwise it will crack your bellhousing. i have one in my nova and rubber motor mounts and it broke my bellhousing.

Kejtar said:
That's the configuration that I've got (MORE in bay, rubber tranny). Your thinking makes sense to me. And I wouldn't do it the other way around for reasons stated by txredxj.

Kyung

I personally run daystars for my motor mounts and stock rubber on my AW4. Motor and trans are fresh. I have a little vibration at idle, but anything other than idle no vibes.

I run poly all around and don't mind it. You kinda get used to it after a little while. The vibes are only really noticeable when I'm idling at a stop light or something now. When I'm driving if there are vibes I can't tell, the tires cover it up. And if I put it in park or neutral (auto trans) with it running they go away for the most part.

korda said:
I just also bought a set of the MORE motor mounts. They use what looks to be a stock LCA bushing. I'm hoping this stiffens everything up and eliminates the problem I have tearing the junk NAPA mounts apart.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the MORE motor mounts. I thought they were overpriced (I got a gift certificate in Moab and used it to buy these) but after having them in my hands my opinion changed.

I just had the MORE rubber mounts put in my rig, and have the OEM trans mount (heard the same things about mixing materials=bad). Definitely look very stout, and the shiny zinc plating adds just the right touch of bling to my otherwise stock engine bay.

I get slightly more vibe from engine at startup and idle, but they feel like OEM once the vehicle is moving.

From looking at them under my hood, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever kill them. Which reminds me - in the unlikely event that the bushings in them ever fail, can the rubber be replaced? The metal seems beefy enough to survive more than one set of bushings...

nhrocker said:
I run poly all around and don't mind it. You kinda get used to it after a little while. The vibes are only really noticeable when I'm idling at a stop light or something now. When I'm driving if there are vibes I can't tell, the tires cover it up. And if I put it in park or neutral (auto trans) with it running they go away for the most part.

Same here, except I have rubbers on the engine and Daystar on the tranny.

I'm running Daystar motor and tranny mounts, love it, all the torque goes straight to the wheels. Hearing vibes from everything in the cabin, but its nothing unbearable. Just look out when running the K&N FIPK beacause there is no clearance between the FIPK and the hood with the Daystar motor mounts.

Just looking for some clarification on this old thread. Can I run brown dog rubber motor mounts and a poly transmission mount? As I understand it it could damage the bell housing.

Back