• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poor mans hood vents

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up some vents at Lowes, painted em' and bodda bing badda boom. $10.00.

718356618_m.jpg

heck, if it does what it's meant to, good job.

Paid $1.89 for the vent (think it is intended for the side of a garage or something) hit it with some liquid sand paper, primed it and painted it with black engine paint. i painted my hood while i was at it. turned out better than i expected.
718854826_m.jpg

ha ha. i have been downloading them off of my space. they have to be pretty small. any advice on a better place to stage em' for posting?:dunno:

www.photobucket.com

My pictures come out fine from them. 12GUAGEXJ told me about this site. Its free for a certaint amount of pics.

james.

Why not place them up more toward the center, as the hood does have a slight arch to it. Heat rises so it looks like you would have gotten slightly better heat venting that way.

i was ovoiding placing them over distibuter, electrical stuff etc...so as to avoid any water run off on that stuff. they ended up over my radiator bottle and my brake res.

It's for those hard core jeep guys. "it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand" just pokin' a lil fun at em'. my cherokee is not a jeep "thing" its an XJ!!!!! XJ for life baby!

yeah, I was on a trail at superlift waiting for a tj to go through an obstacle when I heard over the cb "look someone's got a minivan up there....oh nevermind it's a cherokee"

It's not a jeep thing to them, we are the bastard stepchildren of the jeep family to cj/tj/yj owners.....until we show them that we can make it up stuff that their 8" lifted TBI Chevy 350 14 bolt 36" TSL asses can't, then its "Ive got one of those at home and I was debating on wether or not I should build it up.... until now."

It is an XJ thing and that sticker is ok in my book.

mojojojo said:
I'll take our bad ass minivans over those lil barbi toys any day of the week.

monster minivans for life!

RIGHT ON MOJO , i can see the stickers already ,
" it's a monster minivan thing ,and if you have to ask why , i will park on your hood "

sw_mi_xj said:
RIGHT ON MOJO , i can see the stickers already ,
" it's a monster minivan thing ,and if you have to ask why , i will park on your hood "

do you mind if i borrow part of that quote to make bumper stickers with???

john

mojojojo said:
I'll take our bad ass minivans over those lil barbi toys any day of the week.

monster minivans for life!
lol. dont you know? wranglers are like tampons, every b*tch has one.

Back