• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear results...

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Post up some pictures.
xf0nbn.jpg

xf0shg.jpg

xf0suu.jpg

xf0tg7.jpg

xf0tqo.jpg

xf0vnr.jpg

Does the rear hatch on Tims' rig stick out further than the C-Rok bumper? Optical illusion?

I know that shot of Ryan has to be an optical illusion, he's already done at least two runs this year. Game over.

:)

100_4746.jpg

100_4748.jpg

100_4753.jpg

100_4754.jpg

100_4762.jpg

100_4765.jpg

100_4766.jpg

100_4767.jpg

100_4768.jpg

100_4771.jpg

100_4773.jpg

100_4775.jpg

100_4776.jpg

yes, the hatch sticks out past the bumper. very pronounced on the new style body. i added some 1/2" spacers under my c-roc and it just clears the hatch. but the tire carrier protects the hatch!. also that is a real shot of ryan. it's always tough being behind him, i'm always tempted to try stupid stuff. i'm still trying to figure out how i pushed in the quarter panel just above the rear flare without scrathing the flare or paint?

mikeyl said:
i'm still trying to figure out how i pushed in the quarter panel just above the rear flare without scrathing the flare or paint?
I did the exact same thing on mine in JV 6 months ago....never could figure how I caved it in without scratching paint?

Thanks guys for letting me tag along..... Tim & Mike it was good to see y'all again...E-Man too...and nice to meet Ryan, Ken & John....
I got caught on Hwy.62 in a closure due to the fire.....but was able to work my way around on back dirt roads...... funny thing was going down the hill from Morongo to Desert Hot Spr. I saw the two Jeeps that meet up with us at our lunch spot.... they were coming up the Hwy. and were stuck in a HORRIBLE ! place cause they couldn't turn around....... road was closed for a few hours.
Thanks again.....
Curt

Here's my pics.

On Sunday I went with Aaron, Donny (Coop?) and Rick to the rock garden at the entranec of Holocomb and we had a blast. I've tried that little gatekeeper thing going up and couldn't make it: I was hanging on my rockrails. Then we disconnected Donny's front swaybar (4 nuts removed and couple zip ties) and he had a blast. Then as we were ready to turn around (Aaron and Donny had to leave) two built broncos came up with one of them being afraid of BODY panel damage and refusing to come up a line an XJ on BB with no lockers went through ;) Right after that we saw a BRAND SPANKING NEW FJ and H3 making their way through the rock garden. While they had a lot of trouble (street pressure in the tires, funky step things on the sides) my hat's of to them for going wheeling in 2 week old rigs. They even said: "who cares about body panels, it's only metal"!

We saw the FJ and H3 later down the trail approaching the next rock garden on Holcomb. Would've been interesting to go back and watch them, but we had already been at that garden for a while, getting eight XJs through and letting five Wranglers play through going the other way.

What a fantastic trip. Its about 90% certain that I will be moving to Virginia in July which made Big Bear even more intense. My daughter cried for quite a while when we finished Sundays reverse run on Holcomb valley, I wasnt to happy to see it end either. Thanks to everyone who not only made this a great event but once again saved the weekend for us with just the right part......(just like the motor mount at calico).....

Saturday morning the clip that holds the electric fan blades to the motor
shaft fell off, shredding the fan and sending the temp up to 260 as I finished the first rock garden at holcomb valley. Thank you to the crew that saved my weekend...

BigBearMay2006032.jpg

Exiting the last water crossing on Holcomb valley the biggest splash award goes to (who is that)???

BigBearMay2006050.jpg

The food that night was outstanding, and (unfortanately) there was more than enough to go around for thirds.

BigBearMay2006055.jpg

An impressive show of team work, spotting, rock placement and driving got this open, open, unarmored XJ through the first big rock garden (the wet one) on Sundays reverse run of Holcomb valley. Its cool when the 35 shod long arm double locker Rubicons go through but this is far more impressive. (driver send a pm or email if you want more pictures).

BigBearMay2006074.jpg

Me, my rig and my combination spotter in training, photographer, lizard catcher, dog sitter and scooter piloting daughter.

BigBearMay2006085.jpg

I would greatly appreciate any pictures of my red XJ climbing an dropping down over the big obstacle at exit to Holcolb valley from Sundays reverse direction run. I have a bad feeing this will be the last big rock obstacle I am going to see for a while. Send them to [email protected].

Thank you all very much for making this a most memorable weekend and an incrediably fun time.

John.

nosigma said:
I would greatly appreciate any pictures of my red XJ climbing an dropping down over the big obstacle at exit to Holcolb valley from Sundays reverse direction run. I have a bad feeing this will be the last big rock obstacle I am going to see for a while. Send them to [email protected].
Why?

Kejitar

My home Command wants me back on the east coast and isnt interested in extending my tour here (DOD Civillian).

John

We had a great time..

took a small group on the lower larga flats trail (2n06x) was kinda interesting trying to get a rig with 31's and open front and rear with a 5 speed and no tow points through, but we made it through fine..

Here are a few pics from our trial.... sorry didnt get too many as I was spotting and driving through the trail most of the time (I was trail leader)

Thanks to all.. my kids had a blast also.

standard.jpg

small xj getting hung up a bit..
we got him through. the TJ guys in the background were !#$!@ heads..

standard.jpg

Nother cool pic

standard.jpg

Looks like you guys all had a great time!!
Any major carnage other than the fan?
How did the raffle go?

Here are mine: http://events.sequoia4x4.com/v/20060505-socalfest/

Remi needs to learn how to pick better winch points when he gets stuck.
IMG_0008.JPG

Sway bars and flex do not belong in the same sentence.
IMG_0031.JPG

The Ranger rides again.
IMG_0027.JPG

Aaron grills a mean burger.
PICT0002.JPG

I didn't walk away with the entire raffle this time.
PICT0014.JPG

The rest are here.

G.

mikeyl said:
had a great time too. went with the small group on saturday over to the pontiac sliuce onyx side of the bear. i never had been there except for trail days last year. had a great time and as always everyone is a blast. hopefully my pics will actually post but i have my doubts....)!

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1834/3/6/10/20/3/2/203201006305_0_ALB.jpg
OK, but I only almost fell in. Even without the picture, I know it was me. What's yer point.

Back