• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mako offroad

the_luch

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any experience dealing with off road products made by mako? Just wondering what quality is like and were you satisfied with what you recieved? Everything seems low priced but sometimes that spells disaster.

the_luch said:
Does anyone have any experience dealing with off road products made by mako? Just wondering what quality is like and were you satisfied with what you recieved? Everything seems low priced but sometimes that spells disaster.

products are good, sometimes CS is bad though.

ordered a few things thru them... Never had a problem with them.

Decent parts... ok shipping.

I think this has been covered a few times....try searching for mako on here!

TJdaddy97 said:
i always heard mako took other company's parts that were used and just put there name on it to sell it. thats why the are alot cheaper
The one's I got were not used....new but I think they were procomp parts.

Usually slow shipping, they are a distributor for Crown replacement parts. I would rate CS as poor.

took FOREVER to get my order.

i've ordered a few things from them. Took a little longer then expect (maybe a week) but consistent like that.

They seem to just re-label some brand name stuff. Rubicon Express, Crown, Skyjacker.... that's the stuff that I ended up with.

I have asked them a couple of questions about their parts, and they have not given me an answer that makes sense yet. I have not ordered from them becuase I am not convinced they have any idea what they are talking about.

five weeks to get item. They said they shipped the item out the next day after the order processed. Then i asked for a tracking # (week1) and then they would ask for order info and then they would ask for order info again. and then they say the item was shipp yesterday (week 3). I ask for trakcing # agian and same crap over. Then I went and got their contact info. Called them up said package had mailed tracking is for their use only(week 3 still) and then the package comes in the mail week 5 with a tracking # and the so i went online to figure out when it started. It stated 3 days before it arrievd at week 5. So I say i had a bad experience with them and I will never buy from again. Horrible CS.

i ordered my spacers and brake lines from them, the brake lines were CROWN. anyway the spacers i had no problem with, the brake lines were a F*cking nightmare and i cant stress that enough.i needed the brake lines to continue my build and i was just wating and waitng, forget calling them, never once did i get a person on ANY extension it took my 2 months to get the brakelines after various emails and 2 lost orders, i wanted to just go buy them somewheere else but i had already spent the money. I was so pissed at the time that, it was soooo recockulous..have fun with mako

mike

I cancelled my order with them after 5 weeks and item was still on back order. Not easy to deal with, but they do have a lot of hard to find items.

I was cheap and ordered a lightbar from them... took a while for them to send it, and it was pretty low quality (it wasn't straight, but I was able to bend the entire bar by pushing on it)

not worth the headache, IMO

I ordered from them and about a month passed before calling them. It took about 30 calls before i got some idiot in CS. He gave me an excuse that they were bought out by another company and they were switching things around. He told me that they would be sending the new parts right out. I waited another three weeks and made another 30 calls and got the same idiot. I cancelled my order promptly and treatened something and got a full refund. I wish i could find his name, but anyway.

Like I said earlier, my experience with them has been okay but I though their shipping was slow but after reading these posts I guess my shipping wasn't too bad. I had bought things from them through ebay 3 or 4 times and shipping took 10-14 days and that was the longest. Never had to call CS or anything. I guess I got lucky everytime with these guys.

Back