• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2in lift

skibum81

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 xj limited w/ an np 242. and have appoximately $500 for a lift. It is a daily driver and sees alot of highway miles. Im thinking im gonna get the RE 2in lift. Should I get a sye kit? Will I have driveline vibes at 2in? Is it better to spend the rest of the money less where? All input is appreciated.

Thanks

i have a 2.5 inch Old Man Emu and 1.5 inch Daystar encolift only very minor vibes under power and around 70mph.

I have a 2000 with just the factory Up Country suspension (about a 1" lift over "stock") and the vibrations are horrible. It's enough of a problem that the factory issued a transfer case drop kit to retrofit XJs sold with Up Country.

If all you want is a 2" lift, I would get Rusty's budget boost kit with the add-a-leaf for $100 and use the other $400 for an RE hack-n-tap SYE and driveshaft.

Back