• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nv241 roc trac

madmax said:
will it bolt to a aw4 tranny ? my xj is an 89

and where can i get one?

find your local rubicon... gank... no in all reality, they are really hard to come by and when you do find one, they are outrageously priced

your 89 could be a 21 spline,which would mean "no" it wont work.If its a 23 spline,its probaly the short shaft and the 241OR is built for the long output shaft.

Last edited:
madmax said:
i have found a few in the 2 grand range but at that price i could do a tera 4:1
I bought my RockTrac brand new for $1800.I spent $1500 on a Tera Low and a HD SYE.While the price isnt much different the strength/performance is dramatic!

RCP Phx said:
I bought my RockTrac brand new for $1800.I spent $1500 on a Tera Low and a HD SYE.While the price isnt much different the strength/performance is dramatic!
It probably wasn't available when you got your Rock-Trac, but the new STaK 2 speed case is only $100 more, and has clear advantages.

Are the tranny tunnels different on early models? No floor mods were needed on my 98.

Lets dig up some old threads...
I need some help with my 99 Cherokee. I bolted the nv241 to my AW4 and now I have some vibs at freeway speeds, 55+
My ds, is brand new from Tom Woods, that is not the problem. The rear is an 8.8 shimmed correctly by my local 6 states. I really think that my problem is the nv241 harmonic balancer. Does anyone else agree or have other suggestions. Can I just replace the balancer? The Jeep is great and I love driving it but these vibs make it really bad on the freeway.
My setup: TnT Long arm, 33" brand new wheels and tires balanced (I even put my orginals on just to see if the vibs would go away - nope)

Ditch the balancer and start with the regular set-up!
nvg241or1.jpg

BrettM said:
It probably wasn't available when you got your Rock-Trac, but the new STaK 2 speed case is only $100 more, and has clear advantages.

is this the box4rox you are talking about, which requires sourcing a D300?

RCP Phx said:
Ditch the balancer and start with the regular set-up!
nvg241or1.jpg

Won't this require me to change my ds fairly drastically? I have spend a lot of money on the damn thing already. I am thinking about removing the rear ds, driving around in fwd. If the vibs continue then remove the balancer and drive around again in fwd. Hopefully that will stop the vibs and then I can go your route and change the ds AGAIN!

Last edited:
Yes you would have to swap out your flange adapter for one of these!
404.gif

Back