• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow hock bolts wont fit

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
with the bumper back on. The bolts that hold the actual hook to the bracket wont clear the factory bumper mount. Should i buy shorter bolts or cut the bumper mount somehow? How did you guys get yours to fit?

I got mine from Rusty and they fit wonderfully. Sorry I can't be of much more help. Well....of any help really. :)

oo7ravisXJ said:
with the bumper back on. The bolts that hold the actual hook to the bracket wont clear the factory bumper mount. Should i buy shorter bolts or cut the bumper mount somehow? How did you guys get yours to fit?
just force it theyll go, im serious my rusty's ones were a little on the close side after coming throught the nut the bolt just barley grazed that bracket.

Didn't the install require moving those brackets farther apart?

riverfever said:
Didn't the install require moving those brackets farther apart?
Ya but they still dont that well ill go try a BFH

Post pix of what you are doing...

Who me? We'd need to move into the den but I guess I could? :laugh2:

Oh wait...you probably meant 007. Wheewwwww....almost had a bit of a situation on our hands.

Heres some pics:
Fronthookbolts001.jpg

Fronthookbolts002.jpg

Even with the bolt from bottom to top it still doesnt fit

jsolorza said:
from the looks of it u can take the bumper off and then put the bolts in just how u have them now and put the bumper back on
I was hoping somebody wouldnt sugest that, that bumper is a pain in the azz to get on.

jsolorza said:
from the looks of it u can take the bumper off and then put the bolts in just how u have them now and put the bumper back on
Is this what you guys with the C4x4 hooks had to do, or did your fit right and mines just weird?

91 Jeep Project said:
Mine fit fine, I want to say the bolts on the C4x4 were much shorter then what you have there. I went from the bottom up, fit fine with the nut.
This is the C4x4 kit, do you guys think that they sent me the wrong bolts? How far past the nut do yours extend?

just trim that little part right there and call it a day.
It will be fine.

x2 i notched the bracket with a dremel in about 2 mins bolt fits right past you should only have to notch a little v in it I'll try to post pics if I can see it

put the bolt in the other way, so that the nut is on top. I have factory towhook brackets which are essentially identical to the c4x4 and rusty's ones and from the factory the bolt comes in from the bottom. If it still won't fit, just trim a bit!

Back