• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Compressor leaking oil?

Ghostrider

Member #344
NAXJA Member
Is such a thing possible? Came out of work the other day and flipped a bit because the heep was dripping oil. Crawled under and after much squinting and flashlight waving found that the highest point with oil on it was the ARB compressor. Does it have an internal oil reservoir? Or am I getting some weird migrating from the diff through the air line. (Don't laugh- seen weirder stuff!). Anyway, the compressor is mounted on the firewall, passenger side. Instructions didn't say the compressor was heat sensitive... I'll probably be takign it out to day to look at it closely but didn't want to waste my time if the compressor can't leak.

The compressor is oiless. Check for gear lube coming from the top of the solenoid.
ARB has info(and a fix) on their site regearding this issue. Oil drainage between the tubes and the diff housing on certain axles is poor, blocks the vent, pressurizes the housing and pushes gear oil up the lines.

Mine did this once. I just made sure the breather wasn't blocked and I had the right amount/weight of good gear oil. Never really an issue after that.

Back