• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper, which one??

XJBandit

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, looking for a little advice. I am looking at putting a new steel bumper on the back of my jeep with the tire carrier, and I was wondering if any of you have any feed back on which ones are good/not good. I like the look of the tomken and the durango stuff, but have heard that the tomken stuff doesn't fit all that well. Any suggestions?? experiences?? What about the Detours USA bumpers, I noticed they are quite a bit cheaper than the others, anybody running these??

dont waste your money on the Tomeken stuff, get the detours i wheeled with a few peaple with detours bumpers and tthe bumpers have held up to some serious hits. once i get the money for a bumper i will be getting Detours

www.jcroffroad.com

stg3xjreardsc.jpg

JEONLYEP said:
X2

I don't own one yet, but my money is going to JCR offroad.

DAryl

Mine is on the way.:D

I have a JCR winch bumper and it's really nice, detours makes great stuff, and that C-rok rear with tire carrier is just plain badass... I think any of them would be great. I'll probably go with C-rok myself.

DBenz said:
Look into RigidCo, best quality out there.

agreed, but most people don't want to wait 4-6 months to get theirs... when I finally garage mine and start on the build, rigidCo will get a close look at.

raypla said:

for 1000 it better be far and away better than anything else on the market, and it's not.... not worth the money.

I was looking at the custom 4x4 one before. Does it mount to the nut/sill plates for the hitch like the others? It doesn't say on thier site, but I thought it did. Also does it fit well with a seperate hitch? Was going to buy Warn's but it cost too damn much(, like rockhard's but built better I think). Thanks for the info.

It mounts to all the points the factory bumper does. I have a class III hitch too. The whole bumper and side panels pretty much just bolted right on. I've got an '01 XJ.

Wow, thanx alot fot he feedback guys!! I like the detours USA stuff, pretty slick and I have heard they are quite strong. What do you guys think of the durango rear bumper? Same problems as the tomken?? They look very similar. Thanx agian for all the feedback!

Cheers

From what I have seen, Rigid has the best rear bumper out there. Mine is absolutely sweet and has taken a lot of abuse without a hick-up.

Kaymar makes hands down one of the best xj bumpers out there. Not super high clearance, but its prime for anywhere short of johnson valley.

http://www.kaymar.net/jeep/cherokeeendproducts.htm

Good luck finding a vendor, once you find a place to get one, you will get nothing but people asking to buy your bumper. ;)

cal said:
Kaymar makes hands down one of the best xj bumpers out there. Not super high clearance, but its prime for anywhere short of johnson valley.

http://www.kaymar.net/jeep/cherokeeendproducts.htm

Good luck finding a vendor, once you find a place to get one, you will get nothing but people asking to buy your bumper. ;)

Yeah I am sure thats atleast a grand

Try this old post: naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60761

Back