• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE's springs... how much lift did you get out of them?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
That's the first settle and then the later times.... ALso please lemme know what if any extra weight you gut (bigger rear bumper, tire carrier, how big a spare and so on)....

I'm considering the costs of building the rear pack myself and still potentially failng miserably and I'm thinking about the RE's packs.... I can get them for a very good price, and as much as I would like the 4.5" I'm afraid that they would net more and I will have to do the front and I just can't afford to do anything till next summer (spent too much $$ already). So I'm thinking (hoping) that the 3.5" pack will net me betweem 3.5" and 4" and if need be.. I can always adjust with a shackle...

Thanks
Kejtar

Everyone I've talked to with an RE springpack has gotten larger-than-advertised height out of it. I'm going to install mine next week. The RE6130 4.5" comes with a 3.5" spring pack and longer shackle; I usually carry a bunch of stuff in my storage box, so will find within the next few weeks how it really settles.

Hmmm but I got the front sitting at about 3.5" with stock arms and so on... if I get the 4.5" (1462) one well...... I'll be sitting at 5" or so in the rear (not much extra weight there..... stock bumper and trailer hitch) so I will look really funky....

Btw, Chuck... how do you figure that an axle weight affects the springs? The springs are sitting on top of the axle.

Kejtar

Yes, the RE spring packs will give you more lift than advertised. I got the 1463 (3.5") RE leaf packs, combined with with some 1.5" lift shackles I had. I wound up with just over 6.5" at the beginning, but has since settle down to a steady 6", even with a full load of equipment.

Ivan

Back