• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another rust question.........did the search

WVXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so the little hump in the floor pan that the front two bolts of the drivers seat mounts to is completely shot. The guy who sold it to me, fraudulently, obviously made a half assed attempt to fix it but i noticed my seat leaning a little and tore the vinyl flooring out to inspect. You can see the support brace underneath the little hump which is also pretty rusted. Do i now have a parts jeep that cost 2300.00 and a reason to hunt someone down? I looked at the shermanparts.com for the replacement floor pans but can't tell from the picture if they have the little hump things in the pans already or can i buy them separate and just weld one on to the existing(whats left) floor pan? I'm a poor hillbilly and need to make this thing last a while, would really rather not pay for a completely new floor pan. Oh, by the way, it's a 96'xj.

LOL.....that was priceless.....I already cut that portion of my pans out and have discarded, but you can fab something up without to much trouble. My whole floor is ending up to be a fab job.
Pans are just to expensive, and S&H is a much as the pans.
Get some 18ga ,19 or 20 in a pinch and have at it. You can get crossmembers and the such from JC Whitney.
Good luck.

Back