• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Master Cylinder Question

rokjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched and from what I've found the general consensus is to run an E-350 Master Cylinder. But I've been unable to find what year to E-350 to get it from.

Here's what I've got. Its a 1998 XJ and it has a D60 rear, HP D44 front with 3/4 ton calipers and rotors. New calipers in front, and I attempted to adjust the rears to make the shoes fit the drum closer but I still cannot get a pedal. It goes almost to the floor and catches maybe the last 1/4 barely. So having bled it and put many cans of brake fluid through it I've come to the conclusion that the stock M/C just isn't cutting it. I was considering taking it to a local shop and having it pressure bled just to make sure its not an air issue still.

From what I've read, the e-350 M/C will bolt right up to my stock booster. But I'm assuming the throw on the pushrod will need to be adjusted. Any more info from anyone who has done this please.

redneckjeeper94 said:
where can i get a e-350?
From Ford, it is there van line. I am also in the same boat with the brakes since I upgraded my axels. Here is what I found so far.

XJoachim said:
The problem is that the e-350 MC from the 4-disc-models wont be a bolt-on like the E-350 (10-2008) MC everybody is referring to. The rear disc in the E350 came up in 1999.

ashmanjeepxj said:
Im running the 1980 E-350 MC with an 88 XJ booster.
Ford d60 dual pistong calipesr at all corners. it works.

I got the e350 master clyinder yesterday. I think I read somewhere that the push rod needs to be extended to make it work, I've been searching all morning and everything I've found talks about the swap but no real info on how to do it.

Back