• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE1600 trackbar

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone unhappy with theirs? Anyone think it's the best thing since warm cooter? I'm about to order a trackbar to go along with approximately 3.5" lift, and would like to hear from folks who have run them as to why they either suck or rule.

My first lift was a Rubicon Express 3.5 lift. I also orderd it with the 1600 TB..I had no issues with it .i replaced it because i went up to 8 inches..
Aloha Stan

I have it in now and I like it but, the mount that it hooks up to is weak and I can see it flex and it makes some noise every now and again. I think the bar is top notch but it hooks up to a POS. if you have the extra money and plan on going up in lift get the RE HD one or the TNT customs because they change the mount. I'm @ 4.5 with 32 muds. I plan on selling mine soon once I upgrade make me and offer and I'll take it off and pick up the HD

Check out Kevinsoffroad.com. He sells a track bar conversion that uses the JKS track bar, and a mount that he makes himself. Had no problems with mine. I would order the super hard bushings that he sells, instead of the ones that come with the track bar though.

I've been using it for almost 6 years now with no problems.I've used it with my 3.5".5.5" and my current 7.5" lift(s).I'm also using RE's bracket with it and the bracket is tack-welded to the unibody to keep it from loosening up and making noise.I change the rod-end once every year to year and a half and it still works like a champ.

was running one with 6" and changed to Kevin's HD setup. Noticed not even the slightest difference between the two as far as slop/handling

PM me if you are interested in a 8 month old one with no rock rash and in very good shape

I had problems with the nut for the single sheer heim working loose from time to time, if i was wheeling hard. I eventually ended up double nutting it, no problems since.

I run one.
Never had any problems other than the axle end bushing. I replaced it and I got the common ovaled out hole problem and the clunk to go with it. Other than that, no problems at all. I keep the heim end lubed up very good. I use some stuff called Fluid Film, it's good stuff.

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

Thanks, folks. This pretty much confirms what I thought: it's not the beefiest thing out there, but should do fine for now (and I *really* need a trackbar - been putting it off for too long). Cheers!

I prefer the Tera Flex bar. Mine will be changed out shortly with a HD to compliment my steering. But I had no problems with this one. Has a TRE on the end, so it just pops up into the stock mount. Drag Link style adjuster, runs about $140.

TBAF.jpg

Back