• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front drive shaft help

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
im looking into buying a SYE, but i dont want to spend ANOTHER 150 on a brand new custom DS. ive heard that xj front spicer shaft works but will they all work or just the automatic as i have also heard. i found a manual transmission front drive shaft from an 87, do you think this would work?
i have a 94, no vibes, 4.5" going to 6.5" w/ shims

It depends on your current setup. How long of a shaft are you going to need? The front shaft out of a manual is a couple inches shorter than one out of auto, all else equal. I run a front shaft out of an auto on the rear of mine with 4.0, AW4, 242, D44, and 6" lift.

i have an 8.25, looking at the porc sye, havent done any measurements yet, just wondering if anyone has done this, im guessing the automatic is the way to go since its longer and i only have the 8.25

any body know what length front drive shaft i would need for a 6" lifted 94 with manual transmission? i can get a stock automatic shaft but i dont no if it will be long enough.

My guess would be that it is not going to be as long as you want it to be. You are going to be covering about an inch more distance than I am and mine is borderline on being too short as is.

I say measure first then get a driveshaft. I picked up a front driveshaft for $65 and then new U-Joints and and CV thing for it for $90 or so. Then it ended up being to short and cost me another $85 to get it to the lenght that I needed. I should have went with a custom shaft.

Search: 211229x

You'll need one of those.

i got a front shaft out of what i think was a 96? Grand Cherokee and it was a good 3 inches longer than my front shaft out of a 90 auto XJ and it saved me the 153 dollars on getting my d-shaft lengthened

ECKSJAY said:
Not necessarily.

I guess I assumed H&T

If he uses a H&T he will.

HD SYE he won't.

Correct?

Back