• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 sensor wires... Broken off?! Pictures.

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
When I went and had it checked out as to why my engine light is on I get all sorts of "o2 sensor" codes on the computer. The guy at the auto parts store said that I needed to replace ALL of the 02 sensors. That is pretty expensive so I was going to hold off for a while. Upon further investigation I found these wires that have been pulled out of their home SOME HOW. I do not know how the hell they could have came out because they are so high up in there but im sure they have something to do with the reason that the check engine light is on. Does anyone have ANY CLUE where these wires go? I looked all over the place within reach of the wires and found NOTHING.... I really think its weird... Help!

Sorry about the big pictures but I have no image resize program.

This first picture shows the 4 (yes four) wires that have been pulled out of their home...

o2.jpg

THIS next picture shows where the wires connect to first. Some sort of plug towards the rear of the vehicle...

o21.jpg

and... as you follow the wires down they eventually connect to the exhaust...
now... where do they connect and how the heck did the come off of their home?????

o22.jpg

I appreciate any and all help provided.

-Dustin

Last edited:
It look like your 02 sensor is intact. If you purchased one all you would get is the sensor and the wires up to where that connection clip is in your pics.

The wire seems to be broken somewhere between that clip and the computer.

Those wires go back up into the engine wiring harness. If it's for the upstream O2 sensor, the wires connect up near the back of the head of the engine. If it's for the downstream sensor, they would connect into the harness nearer the transmission.

fdsa487 said:
So... what is my best bet for reconnecting these wires? They are not color coded =(
In the photos I see, the wire insulation is colored. It's dirty, but it's colored.

You need to find the other end of that wire (ought to be easy to spot some broken/torn/burnt wires hanging in the harness. Then clean the jacket enough to see the color, and match up the wires by color of insulation.

Is my suggestion impossible to do in your situation?

AZ Jeff said:
In the photos I see, the wire insulation is colored. It's dirty, but it's colored.

You need to find the other end of that wire (ought to be easy to spot some broken/torn/burnt wires hanging in the harness. Then clean the jacket enough to see the color, and match up the wires by color of insulation.

Is my suggestion impossible to do in your situation?

No... I can do that. I just have to let the engine cool... usually when im motivated enough to try and solve this problem I get burnt from the hot engine and then mad and then work on something else. I'll post up if I solve the problem.

Back