• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiners

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
All right anybody with Herculining experience...Has anyone Successfully Lined their interior trim? How do you need to treat the surface prior to application? Will the product hold on a natural wood surface as well?
Thank you

I've done the interior, but not the interior trim as in dash / interior door panels / plastic pieces if thats what you mean.

Herculiner is pretty abrasive stuff. IMO it wouldn't be a very good idea for interior trim.

I've done the floor pan, rockers, frame, gas tank skid ... Your nuts I wouldnt do trim pcs. what if you run your face into it... however it will stick to plastic. I got a little bit on the bottom of my dash. it took a lot of work to get it off

I was thinking of doing it as well since the XJ interior trim in my 86 held up like crap. Basically every piece of trim in my jeep is now a different shade of blue. The panels in the rear cargo area did not hold up to UV's really well or as well as the dash. I am definitely going to do the cargo area this summer and if it goes well I will probably do all the trim but not the dash. I know someone who did the dash of a Bronco II and it turned out really well and looked good. I would say if your trim is shot go for it.

After I Herculined my interior, I herculined the cargo box I made for my trunk, It was made out of 2x4's and plywood and was a great final touch for the box.

Also, the Herculiner website and instructions say its good for wood as well, and I believe tells you how to prep the wood.

Back