• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door removal 97+

BTT

I totalled my '96 and "upgraded" to a '98 and am looking to be able to remove the doors again. It looks like the same procedure won't work out too well with the new style hinges.

What's the trick on the 97+? Just take the pin out and replace it with an easily removable pin?

YES!!!

I had the same deal, my 96 got totaled and got a 99, grind off the top of the pins and remove the spacers, I think I used 5/16" pins, like this..
pin.jpg

Alright then, just checking before I go and do something absolutely stupid.

Now to track down the kick panel wiring harnesses...

3 on drivers, 5 on passenger if i'm not mistaken, and to keep the dome buzzer off, a clip is in the trim running parallel to your seat next to the door

im confused as hell on this... ive got a 87 and 88 and the doorless hinge thing was easy to do, but on my 00 im confused. i dont wanna do something like the link that krazor posted, looks a little too rigged up imo. so Zac or anyone else with a 97+, do you have any pics of ur hinges with the pins ran through them does anyone else have any ideas on how to make this work? ive checked pirate and a few other places and really havent came up with much.

on my 99 i just cut out the pin and replaced it with a 5/16" pin from the john deer store. You have to shave one side of the fat end off to clear the door but they work pretty good.

Back