• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this look square to you?

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
Does this look square to you?

Perches007.jpg

from that pic?...no

Yup...

But I've been downing Old Grandad for about 2 hours now :D

Just kidding.....

It's actually Glen Livett....

Let me guess,you bought those from TNT, I just got some to and I have the same problem,the spring perch is not cut or drilled square.I called them and they did not believe me,they said could I try and make it work. BS I paid to much for those ,they should fit right

What did you do to fix?
anyone on here from Tnt
Chris

Here we go again. You drive a freakn lifted jeep............Like LOWTECH said are the holes square.............

jrsxj98 said:
Here we go again. You drive a freakn lifted jeep............Like LOWTECH said are the holes square.............
I DO NOT want a vendor bashing session, but I disagree. No matter if the holes are square or not, if the piece is out of square as much as that picture indicates, that is very poor quality, regardless of the functional implications.

No, the holes are square to the plate,the arches cut to go over the tube are offset to match the crooked plate ,it would have to be heavily hacked to make the perch 90 degrees to the axle tube, The whole thing points inward ,are your spring perch's not square to the tube on your diff.?
do they point off to the side?

Thank you Brett ,I in no way wish to bash TNT or anyone else
I just wanted to see if others had the same issue I'm having Maybe they will replace them.

grind them loose and tap them with a BFH to get the holes to square with the springs and re-weld or get ahold of them and ask for a quality check on their products, mabi they will replace them, mabi they wont.

i just built my own and lined them up myself, it aint hard:)

steagall9301 said:
grind them loose and tap them with a BFH to get the holes to square with the springs and re-weld or get ahold of them and ask for a quality check on their products, mabi they will replace them, mabi they wont.

i just built my own and lined them up myself, it aint hard:)
i was thinkin the same thing. if your gonna weld em up any way, heat it and bang on it. it cant be that bad. they wouldnt box an obviously crooked peice. maybe its off a little, big deal

Back