• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolvers and a Trac Bar

why would you need a rear trackbar? i could see maybe if you had rear coils, but then you wouldn't need the revolvers....:confused: :confused:

Do you mean sway bar perhaps? If so, just remove it. It was removed by the factory on the Up Country suspension group anyway.

Andre

I think he meant "traction bar". If you are thinking of a that, I could see it being kind of funky with Revolvers.

Since a traditional shackle mounted traction bar modifies your leaf spring geometry to essentially mimic a radius-arm suspension design, your anti-squat numbers go very high. This assumes about 6 inches of lift and a traction bar length of about 40 inches (where most peeps with XJ's put them. With the AS above 150%, the rear tends to want to lift under power, separating the Revolvers. It'd be interesting to find if it was any worse than regular shackles, but I suspect it is, given the lack of any resistance to opening.

CRASH said:
I think he meant "traction bar". If you are thinking of a that, I could see it being kind of funky with Revolvers.

Since a traditional shackle mounted traction bar modifies your leaf spring geometry to essentially mimic a radius-arm suspension design, your anti-squat numbers go very high. This assumes about 6 inches of lift and a traction bar length of about 40 inches (where most peeps with XJ's put them. With the AS above 150%, the rear tends to want to lift under power, separating the Revolvers. It'd be interesting to find if it was any worse than regular shackles, but I suspect it is, given the lack of any resistance to opening.

I did mean a Traction Bar.
Since they prevent axle wrap would it not prevent the revolver from opening uphill?
I don't fully understand why it wouldnt work.

Also I have heard of guys using a strap to prevent them from openning, where would you put this said strap?

A traction bar prevents axle wrap, but it does not prevent anti-squat induced lift of the rear of the Jeep. If you could keep your AS number below 100%, the Jeep will squat when power is applied. If it goes above 100%, the back of the Jeep will lift under acceleration.

It's all about suspension geometry, and how you change it with a traction bar.

Back