• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement OEM leafs and AAL?

ChairOhKey

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a 2" AAL (rusty's) and well, my rear leafs arent too bad. It looks to be sagging about half an inch to an inch and I was just wondering if adding an AAL (long) to my existing pack will still be good? I'm not gonna be wheeling hard.

If it won't be good I was considering buying the replacement leafs off of quadratec for like $52 and using the AAL leaf on that. Any thoughts?

BTW I'm in college and living off of loans and I want to get the best I can with my budget which means no shackles and spacers. haha

ChairOhKey said:
I'm looking at a 2" AAL (rusty's) and well, my rear leafs arent too bad. It looks to be sagging about half an inch to an inch and I was just wondering if adding an AAL (long) to my existing pack will still be good? I'm not gonna be wheeling hard.

The best answer anyone can reasonably give you is 'it might work'. Thing is, that spring pack's already on its way out - factory XJ rear springs are notoriously under-specced to begin with, so putting an AAL in them is probably a false economy. Ask me how I know... ;)

If it won't be good I was considering buying the replacement leafs off of quadratec for like $52 and using the AAL leaf on that. Any thoughts?

I can't speak for the quality of the Quadratec leafs, but this does sound like a better plan overall in terms of longevity.

BTW I'm in college and living off of loans and I want to get the best I can with my budget which means no shackles and spacers. haha

So... Are you trying to lift the Jeep on the cheap? Nothing wrong with that, but if you only do the rear springs it's going to end up sitting nose-down.

casm said:
So... Are you trying to lift the Jeep on the cheap? Nothing wrong with that, but if you only do the rear springs it's going to end up sitting nose-down.

lol oh no I'm doing the front as well. haha i forgot to put that in. I'm getting front springs.

Im getting Quadratecs 5 leaf springs the only step up. They are 135 a set. If you notice they have the longer second leaf which is where OEM failed us at. The four leaf set has a shorter second leaf and I personally dont like the looks of it. I may cut the pack and add a leaf or two (only the long ones) and hope for something between 2"and 2 1/2" in the end. Im saging 2" in the back so this will be the equivalent of a 4"+ raise! lol

Back