• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

285/75-16's BS please

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
Those running 285/75-16's, what is the largest Backspacing to safely run?? I'm looking at Mickey Thompson Classic II's, but the 16x8 only comes with 4 7/16 BS. I think that is too big. I'd rather have 4 inch, but wonder if the slightly less than 1/2 inch will matter???? I'd like to get rid of my wheel spacers, but it all looks pretty close. The spacers are 1.25", and that would make for a 4 inch BS with stock wheels?
Thanks for your help

I ran these tires on the Factory 2000/2001 limited edition factory alloys for a couple years. Those wheels are right at 5" of B/S, no wheel spacers.

Bob

Rock Yacht said:
I ran these tires on the Factory 2000/2001 limited edition factory alloys for a couple years. Those wheels are right at 5" of B/S, no wheel spacers.

Bob
Thanks for the quick reply. Now my 255's are hitting the LCA's without spacers, so I know those had to! I was actually worried about the rear sway bar mounts (and yes I'm leaving it on. I do too much street driving to remove) that look awfully close to my 255's on those wheels....
and so with 5" stock BS, those spacers would mean I'd need a 3.75" BS to equal what's on the truck now, huh? So the 4 7/16 may be more off than originally thought......

Back