• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

closed to open system question .

NOS/86

NAXJA Forum User
ok . i've just finished the swap . only thing i have left to do is ....the vacuum line that goes to the 91-up heater valve . where do i need to get vacuum from ? or which vac line do i need to hook to it ?

Did you not have a heater control valve on your RENIX system (even though if you'd asked me, I'd have told you you were letting yourself in for more work than you needed?) You should be able to just use that one, since it serves the same function either way. It would appear that was how it was done on the 89 that I've got that's converted (only because I bought it that way. I'd not have done it myself - the closed system is just ducky.)

Failing that, there's no real reason at all that the heater valve can't just be deleted. I'm also toying around with the idea of putting in a cable-operated valve as part on the next improvement to my copper heater lines - just because I like having manual control of things. However, I have deleted the heater control valve on my 88 - it's been gone for five years or so - and I'm not having any trouble as a result.

5-90

Back