• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no heat

94XJsnm

NAXJA Forum User
i searched around and didnt find anything on this so either i am a moron or i didnt search correctly, either way, im probably wasting your time....but, here we go, all functions on control panel work as advertised however no hot air comes out of vents...always cool air. Does the same thing on defrost too. Oh, 4.0, 94, stock..does anyone know why this is???thanks

Several things come to mind,-You state that the air flow will shift from floor to windshield that rules out the vac system.Now on the hot water valve itself there is a vac motor that opens and closes the water valve .Is that attached ? And does it move when the heat control is moved inside ?
And finally the heater core itself -it may be stopped up with crud-remove the hoses and flush thru both pipes till the water runs clear. A garden hose on low pressure works well.
Wayne

Second the heater core valve, less than $ 20 plastic part that u can replace yourself in under 5 min. If the engine isn't pumping hot coolant thru there from the rad system you won't get heat. If not the fan motor under the pass. dash?

First of all, does the temp guage get up to full operating temp (210* or so)? It may be your thermostat stuck open.

As for the heater control valve, just ditch the thing, plug the vacuum line and run a piece of heater hose straight to the heater core...bypass it. Those valves suck...you should do this anyway.

Could also be a stuck heater core, or a problem with the blend door under the dash.

Back