• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Center pin size?

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a new leaf pack on my rig ('89 XJ) and the center pin they sent me is too big for the leaf pack. Anyone know what size the stock pin is? My local automotive supply shop doesn't even know what the hell a center pin is and when explaining it to him he said he had never seen such a thing so I'm out of luck there. My Jeep wrecking place is closed until tomorrow and usually doesn't have much for me anyways and I would prefer new so if I can gets the specifics of what a stock XJ comes with I can go from there. Thanks.

The diameter was too thick to pass through the holes. Getting one from a hardware store would be fine but the stock ones have a round head, the same with the ones they sent me (too wide). So would bolts work with the head not being round?

Yes, if you get the right ones.

a 5/16" socket head cap screw is absolutely perfect. Ace Hardware carried them in a grade 8.

Back