• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 lca with 3" lift?

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 3" lift and lca's from a 4.5 kit can they be used with the 3" lift??

and i plan to box my lca mounts at the axle what size steel should i use??

and final question which is better?? a SYE or HACK n TAP??

Mothertrucker said:

A Hack & Tap is an SYE - just a different approach to the same problem. What transfer case do you have?

Mothertrucker said:
i am not sure it says (2hi,4hi,N,4lo) and i have a 90' xj pioneer 4.0

Sounds like an NP231. Check the tag on the transfer case to confirm this, but I'm willing to bet that's what it is.

Get the full SYE if you feel like delving into the internals of the transfer case; go with the hack & tap if you don't or are doing this on a budget. People will tell you that one is better than the other, or that one is worse than the other. Your call, ultimately. Either way you'll need a rear driveshaft.

Mothertrucker said:
i have a 3" lift and lca's from a 4.5 kit can they be used with the 3" lift??

and i plan to box my lca mounts at the axle what size steel should i use??

1/8" will work, 3/16 will be better. better how? i have the hack and tap and i havent had any problems with it. i didnt want to tear into my t-case so i chose it, and for a 96 or newer it is a lot cheaper. since you have the older one, might as well get the full replacement SYE as the h&t cost more for the older ones.

Honestly I'm not trying to get at anything here but how do you have 369 posts and not know the difference between a conventional SYE and a H&T..?

i understand the diffrence of a hack and tap and a sye i was asking which would be easier or better to use i was gaining knowledge and most of my previous post were getting my jeep up to par and running now that it is i am focusing on my lift and future progress

but thank you for asking

Back