• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks

akram

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I searched byut don't know how good.

i know the difference between twin tube and monotube shocks, but still can't decide which to get. Money is a factor and I know twin tube generally runs cheaper. The XJ is a semi DD so that is also a factor. I can get a good deal on certain brands. The vehicle is driven at high speeds offroad. Mostly slow moving technical stuff with some mud and a few hill climbs. i dont' even hardly drive it anywhere to go over 45 on the street. What would you all recommend. Or point me in the right direction if it has been covered.

thanks

this is really subjective... you say $$ is a factor, but you want good performance? what brands can you get a good deal on? i'd never get anything other than a monotube, they just suck ass. bilstein 5125, or some RE's are what i have experience with and they both are excellent shocks for the $$

shimmy said:
this is really subjective... you say $$ is a factor, but you want good performance? what brands can you get a good deal on? i'd never get anything other than a monotube, they just suck ass. bilstein 5125, or some RE's are what i have experience with and they both are excellent shocks for the $$

You can get good performing stuff for less than top of line (price wise) stuff. You get what you pay for isn't always true I've learned that. This is a temporary thing pending my axle swap this winter. I can get a good deal on DT, RE, and OME. I love bilsteins. I've had them before just not wasting money on them right now. The deals I get are mostly for the shipping to AK but also on the price of the shocks.

Back