• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey REMI - Why is SOCALFEST not on the....

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
... main NAXJA event page?

Isn't this an official event?

On another note: anybody know folks that work for any of the magazines? It would be cool to get some coverage...

its not a major naxja event? its the local chapter adopt a trail event, and the . ... afterparty?

cal said:
its not a major naxja event? its the local chapter adopt a trail event, and the . ... afterparty?

Well it should be!

What does it to qualify for that? We are the SOCAL chapter and we have nothing on the national event list.

I don't really know what qualifies something for the national event list, but the socal chapter as a whole always seems to be in the .. idle? site. It's not that no one ever does anything, just that it doesnt require or usually get any club involvement.

The local chapter adopt-a-trail event doesnt really require or warrant national advertisement or media coverage. ;)

cal said:
The local chapter adopt-a-trail event doesnt really require or warrant national advertisement or media coverage. ;)

I know, but the rags usually cover a wheeling adventure or two. I think it woul dbe cool if we could get soem more rigs in the rags. Someone was in JV back in Nov and several guys made it in.

Jump This said:
Hey, its in the printed newsletter!!:compwork:
Rick R:sunshine:

yeah, I know. That's cool and all, but it is more cool when you see your ride in a national 4 wheel or Jeep magazine.

rpraterxj said:
... main NAXJA event page?

Isn't this an official event?

On another note: anybody know folks that work for any of the magazines? It would be cool to get some coverage...

Are you talking about the calendar page? I think that's being decomissioned.

I have some connections at PrimeMedia. They do all the magazines. Several of the companies that I rep for advertise with them, so I have made some contacts there.

Kejtar said:
Are you talking about the calendar page? I think that's being decomissioned.

Nope. The NAXJA Events area, right below the regional type area.

erikwylie said:
I have some connections at PrimeMedia. They do all the magazines. Several of the companies that I rep for advertise with them, so I have made some contacts there.

Very cool.

Any chance you could mention our run this weekend? I know they are always looking for pictures and stories.

Thanks!

Can't keep track of all the areas where they put events, it's enough to make you insane!

It is an official NAXJA event though, so no worries there.

Magazine coverage would be cool, we had a guy from JP last year taking a few pics of the maintenance, don't think it ever made it in the magazine though. :(

I might have Jordan MAY from 4 wheel offroad mag. with me riding shotgun..

I will find out today...

Kejtar said:
I believe he's asking why we didn't get a separate EVENT forum for the SoCcalFest.

No real reason to; we've always done it in our own forum and it's worked.

I think it's rather silly how everybody wants a forum for their events; the events subsection is HUGE.

GSequoia said:
No real reason to; we've always done it in our own forum and it's worked.

I think it's rather silly how everybody wants a forum for their events; the events subsection is HUGE.

I agree. I was just making conversation. I mean, we all know the the SOCAL group is the best!:yelclap:

rpraterxj said:
I agree. I was just making conversation. I mean, we all know the the SOCAL group is the best!:yelclap:

No worries.

And of course the SoCal chapter is the best; after all we don't need some silly little forum to make ourselves feel adequate about or events. We'll just make the actual event excellant :D

Back