• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FM/AM Radio won't come in now???

xj9687

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have a sony head unit in my 96 cherokee. The radio wasn't always the best reception wise but it still came in pretty clear. So the other week I took apart my rear inside to spray sound deadener on the floors and walls. I also took off the door panels and sprayed those to. Now im not sure why but after i was all said and done i took it out for a spin. I turned on the radio to see if it made a different and all i got was fuzz. No matter what station all i get is fuzz except for 2 that come in when im sitting in my driveway and they go in and out depending on were u are standing. So my question is does anyone know why this is and if the sound deadening stuff or process may have knocked anything loose or what. I took the head unit out and messed around with it but nothing different. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For some reason, the antenna cable has a connector in the middle. Looks a little like an RCA style connection. It's under the passenger dash, and you probably bumped it apart (it's spring loaded for some reason) while removing the trim panels.

Back