• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A RENIX CODE SCANNER!?!? Not A DRB II or MS1700

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
I found this on Ebay and was like WOW.. its not the chrysler DRBII it is for the Winnibego Lashero which had a petrol and diesel renault engine it looks like it takes cartridges what surprised me is it has the renix logo and all on it

76_1.JPG

Re: A RENIX CODE SCANNER!?!?

Hopefully you could pick it up cheap. Keep in mind that the RENIX doesn't really 'store' codes. The scanner may identify certain problems while engine is in operation. I have looked at similar device, but opted to get a FSM, along with a good multimeter and last but not least, refer to the wealth of information such as this forum to maintain our Jeeps (currently 4, looking for 5)!

i have yet to find a problem i can't fix with the renix without using my meter and a few wiring diagrams but I thought this was a really tight toy that might offer some insight into the renix system

ROADLESS said:
WILCHARL, whats it currently bidding for?

At the moment, $385. Watch it climb here.

So, doin a little math $100 (for FSM) + about 30 (for the multimeter) + opportunity to chat with fellow forum users = Priceless!

Are there any reasonably priced diagnostic tools for the renix systems? Someone here recommended something from JC whitney but when i looked for a tool they didnt have anything for my 89 wagoneer. And when I say reasonably priced, keep in mind that im a college student whos on a leave of absence due to the fact that i cant afford tuition right now because of all the money i've been putting into my XJ. mainly into the gas tank as my renix system seems to be refusing to come out of open loop mode . . .

dizzymac said:
I use a good mutlimeter and sometimes our Snap-On Diagnostic Scanner.
You use a Snap-On scanner for a Renix (84-90) Cherokee? Where do you hook it up and with what adapter/cartridges?

I was under the impression there was no diagnostic port on the Renix setups. Never actually looked though.

anony91xj said:
You use a Snap-On scanner for a Renix (84-90) Cherokee? Where do you hook it up and with what adapter/cartridges?

I was under the impression there was no diagnostic port on the Renix setups. Never actually looked though.
It's under the hood on the fender.

Yes, its on the passenger side, usually covered by two little yellow caps. The trouble is finding the snap on tool. I've been around to all the local shops, auto parts stores etc. I even went to the stealership and they said they don't even bother to keep one around anymore . . .

asheets934 said:
Yes, its on the passenger side, usually covered by two little yellow caps. The trouble is finding the snap on tool. I've been around to all the local shops, auto parts stores etc. I even went to the stealership and they said they don't even bother to keep one around anymore . . .
Go to the Snap-on wed site.

langer1 said:
Go to the Snap-on wed site.

Unfortunatley, I could buy and replace every part that the diagnostic scanner tests for less than the cost of the tool. I think it's time to just get it over with and sell the jeep . . .

Anybody interested in an 89 Wagoneer Limited with 118k?

asheets934 said:
Unfortunatley, I could buy and replace every part that the diagnostic scanner tests for less than the cost of the tool. I think it's time to just get it over with and sell the jeep . . .

Anybody interested in an 89 Wagoneer Limited with 118k?
I am. How much? :D

kbb puts it at 1750. It's got alot of new parts and the only thing wrong with it is the coolant temp sensor needs replaced. you can have it for 1200 . . .

tealcherokee said:
kbb puts my 88 at 1500, i bought it for 250......

i was hopin ud say 5-600

Is it a limited? the main reason im leaving the price closer is how much I've put into it in parts over the last month or two. Plus the leather interior, power everything, better t-case, towing hitch (not sure what rating), air-ride on rear wheels for leveling the vehicle when towing heavy loads, plus a power brake setup for towing . As far as new parts goes, it has a brand new harmonic balancer, plugs, wires, dist. cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter, front rotors+calipers+pads+brake lines, and ccv system. I have replaced all this within the last two months so its practicaly brand new. It has the obligatory roof racks and I have running boards for it if someone wants them. I took them off cause they hurt my ground clearance but they'd be good on a DD for someone with kids. It has also just been seafoamed so it's running smooth as can be. It has the sensor for keyless entry, but I have no remote. You could find one online pretty reasonable from what I hear though. It's undercoated so there are no problems with rust on the floor pans. It's even decent stuff, not that gooey sticky garbage you get at advance.

Now for the bad parts. Rear main leak just started so its minor right now, about a teaspoon or so a day. Very minor rust on fuel door, probobly be easy to fix or hell, its a fuel door, it shouldnt be too hard/expensive to replace. Rust on one rocker panel (below rear door in front of wheel) that may require replacment but could be patched by someone with the skills. It could prob use a paint job to look pretty but its a jeep so it isnt urgent. The paint isnt chiping/bubling or anything like that, it still protects just fine. Also the driver door window regulator could stand to be replaced. It is also a former woody. If you want the woody trim to restore it I can prob get the trim pieces back for you.

Back