• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Comanche?

DBenz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is looking at a 1988 Jeep Comanche pioneer. It's got a new engine in it and is pretty sound. It's a pioneer and there's an olympics symbol obove the pioneer logo. What does this mean? Any special thing about it? I did a search and came out with nothing. Thanks,

Derek

Nothing reallyspecial 88 was an olympic year and they did an special decal and pin stripping that year on them

x2 what Kudzu said. My '88 XJ is a Pioneer. It still has the little Olympic rings decal in one (or both?) back side window. Nothing else special about the vehicle. Actually, there were no special stripes or anything, just the decal in the window(s). It wasn't an "Olympic Edition." Jeep was an Olympic sponsor in 1988 and this was their way of promoting that.

Gotta agree with Eagle. Neither my 88 Cherokee, or my 88 Comanche had anything special beyond the sticker. My Comanche's color is called Olympic White. But I don't believe its any different than other years.

Back