• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

deals on rear springs!!!

good luck finding something for less. I havent. I have his skids for that reason, and would recommend them to NOBODY. Quality as far as strenght is fine, the fit and finish are very poor. The bolts were too long on my t-case skid, the bolt plates (the things that go inside the framerail so the bolts dont turn as you tighten the nut) were too small, they spun in the frame, on my gas tank skid. I was told the gas tank skid would definately work with a hitch. It definately wont, not even the stock one like he claimed. Like I said, the springs might be fine, but I know the plates are not.

just my .02

i had a pair in the 4.5 flavor. they lasted fine. fitment was an issue as they were too short eye-to-eye at first. they sent me an extended shackle to fix it and it kinda worked...ran that way for about a year before they settled properly. ended up replacing the 3rd leaf with one from the stock XJ pack to loose some lift and get around 5". ran this for about 3 years and they were just fine.

MIXJ said:
good luck finding something for less. I havent. I have his skids for that reason, and would recommend them to NOBODY. Quality as far as strenght is fine, the fit and finish are very poor. The bolts were too long on my t-case skid, the bolt plates (the things that go inside the framerail so the bolts dont turn as you tighten the nut) were too small, they spun in the frame, on my gas tank skid. I was told the gas tank skid would definately work with a hitch. It definately wont, not even the stock one like he claimed. Like I said, the springs might be fine, but I know the plates are not.

just my .02

I had the same prob with those bolt plates and gas tank skid I had to take my hitch off and sell it

rustys isn't even the cheapest....the shipping for rustys is ridiculously high...the shipping cost will make up for RE's prices or the next cheapest spring....i say get the 4.5" RE springs....they have a 5.5" too...between 317-350....free shipping..at jeepinoutfitters

If price is an issue, than build your own pack. I built my packs for around $50.00 total and got 4.5" of lift. Pretty close to 5" without anything in the back of the jeep. Flexes very nice too.

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
If price is an issue, than build your own pack. I built my packs for around $50.00 total and got 4.5" of lift. Pretty close to 5" without anything in the back of the jeep. Flexes very nice too.

Kim.

X2. the junkyard has the best deals. Easy to do too.

I got rough country about two weeks ago gor $225 shipped....and before everyone starts, i do not think the ride is bad at all....I like the ride!

codeman8118 said:
rustys isn't even the cheapest....the shipping for rustys is ridiculously high...the shipping cost will make up for RE's prices or the next cheapest spring....i say get the 4.5" RE springs....they have a 5.5" too...between 317-350....free shipping..at jeepinoutfitters

x2 on that... rock krawler has cheaper prices on leaves, but after you factor in shipping, RE from jeepinoutfitters is the way to go

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=135

Back