• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap lift for 33's

TrxR

NAXJA Forum User
I know this might be a common question but I got to ask.

I got a dirt cheap 90 cherokee with a 4.0liter in it and am looking for the cheapest way possible to get a set of 33's or possibly 35's under it. Keep in mind this will never see road duty and will only be used to play in the mud and trails. No rock crawling either. The rear I think I can figure out by mounting the axel under the leaves (if they arent already cant remember:( ) or by adding blocks or extra leaves. The front on the other had I am not realy sure where to start. Is there any coils out of another application that would gain me any lift? what about some sort of spacer??

Keep in mind this is just going to be a cheap POS to got out and play with my buddies in there cheap POS suzukis.

THanks.

axle is spring under already.

Try Rustysoffroad.com
4.5 Full spring pack $669.00

90-92 ford F-250 springs up front with a 2" spacer and for the rear, AAL. I have the F-250 coils and spacer in mine and I fit 33's easily up front with trimming, I have pics if you want to see how it sits. The coils costed me about $30 from a wrecker and $60 for the 2" spacers, pretty cheap lift.

It'll be easier for me to post the pics instead of send them through email..if you dont mind.
Here's how it sits, With 33x12.5" tires

jeeps.jpg

JeepPhotos002.jpg

go to wal mart, they have these things calles sawzalls, thats all you will need

Sawzaw and pucks will clear the 33's if you don't care about the looks of it. if you want somethin a little nicer rustys sells 6 and 8" bulge fenders for $165 each, probably would be a bad deal, or piece a kit together, cut some DOM tubing, weld some Superflex joints to the end, buy a drop pitman arm, trac-bar, and some springs and you're set for the front. then again, probably cheaper to just buy a kit.

yea we just did a s-10 bastard pack in the rear and 2in coil spacers with 2 stock isolators and ZJ coils on a freinds XJ, he is planning to run 33's

andrew2516 said:
you ever get pulled over for no covers?

Not yet, But I'm sure I will someday, I've driven by lots of cops and they usually just stare, they'll probably get me for my tires sticking out more than the no covers.

Back