• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replaced engine

Jr.Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I just replaced my engine but it won't start. The engine is out of a 97 and went into a 98. I put on a brand new CPS because it had no spark and now it has great spark. It has fuel pressure at the rail but doesn't seem to be going through the injectors. All we did was take the blown motor out and put a fresh motor in. What could be the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

did you check the ASD relay, and the pick up in the coil. are you getting spark from the plugs?

1. Make sure the injector wiring connectors are firmly clipped in place on the injectors and in the correct sequence.
2. The cam position sensor (or stator) in your distributor might be defective. The engine computer relies on the signal from this sensor to synchonize the injector firing sequence and without it, the engine won't start.

OK, sorry to respond so late but we got it running. When we replaced the distibuter we were off one tooth so we fixed that. Then when we cranked it, it just sputtered so we spray some starting fluid and lube in the intake and it fired up. The reason why the engine died in the first place was because my brother had the jeep fourwheeling through too deep of water and the engine took on water. He brought it home and changed all the fluids. It had a knock for the next 1500 miles and it finally gave loose putting the crank right through the oil pan and block....Not a pretty sight. The jeeps back on the road now and running strong. Thanks for the help.

Back