• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy d44 gears.

Jonnyjpr

NAXJA Forum User
Don't know if this has been answered. But Could you put 4.30 gears in a wagoneer d44 axle??

i'm tryin to match a yota rearend with 4.30 gears. Dont want to do anything to the yota axle.

Jonnyjpr said:
i'm tryin to match a yota rearend with 4.30 gears. Dont want to do anything to the yota axle.

What I searched and found was 2% max difference between front and rear axle ratio's. Should work fine.

Last edited:
Yea, i didnt know if it would that much of a difference. So that wouldn't be to harsh on the drivetrain?

RyleyF said:
Just don't run it on dry pavement, or wet pavement for that matter, and invest in a spare Tcase chain.

You shouldn't be running 4hi on dry pavement regardless of what your gear ratio is.

To answer the question, 4.27 is definately close enough to 4.30 that you wouldn't notice at all.

Jonnyjpr said:
Allright. Thanks for your info fellows. I appreciate it.

All true on the 4.27's, and I have a couple sets for sale if youre interested (PM me). As to the 4.30's, yes you can run them in a Waggy D44, mine are installed and ready to roll. The D44 4.30s are a Spicer only gear manufactured for Isuzu D44s, and are "thick", meaning you run them on the 3 series D44 carrier...

ChicksDigWagons said:
To answer the question, 4.27 is definately close enough to 4.30 that you wouldn't notice at all.

I run 3.55 in the front and 3.50 rear and dont notice a thing...

Back