• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how is that por15 floorpan rest. over new panel????

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
my rust isnt that bad but the guy who had the truck just put plates with tar and now that i got in there its ugly i have no problem welding new floor pans but im trying to figure ot if anyone used the kit that por 15 has and how much does it cover. I was about to order a floor pan and do the drivers side now but i realized this is the price of one pan from shermans.
any ideas

I replaced my driver's side floor pan and then POR15 it. The floor pan was installed using heat, a mig and a BFH. It looked pretty nasty when it was done but after being painted its hardly noticable. If you can get a premolded floor board I'd go that route.

I treated the whole floor of the Jeep, from pedals to rear hatch, top and bottom with POR15 and then painted the inside the a paint on box liner(Hippo Liner), very easy to use, just rolls on with a roller, my wife did most of it actually.

The POR15 worked very well, I'm quite pleased with it. It adhered VERY well to any rusted surface but the new metal had to be treated first for it to stick and on a couple places underneath were I must not have treated it very well it has flaked off a bit. I think I used 2 medium sized cans, it goes a long way.

Back