• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Cooler

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I did some searches on here and learned alot about an after market trans cooler but heres my question. i run 33's with stock gears in my 2000 and its a dd, i plan on regearing to 4.56s with a locker (arb) aka a lot of money. So in the mean time would adding a tranny cooler help protect my tranny while running stock gears for a dd and some trails?

a trans cooler is always a good idea. With your big tires and stock gears your torque converter is slipping a lot when you are climibg/crawling or taking off from a stop sign. A trans cooler would help keep that in check. You might want to go one step farther and install a trans cooler and a temp guage. It's always nice to know what's going on down there.

mavrick said:
Sounds good... i saw a lot of useful writes on how to do this job... in a couple other threads i read that there are certian coolers that allow for more air flow = better cooling, any advice on what type of should get?

does this look like a good setup http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...atalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=17689

Yes those are good ones. I'm going with #130-70268 myself. Quite a few people seem to be running this model and form what I gather are perfectly happy with it. Im going to install a guage as well, so I can actually see what temp it is running at.

Back