• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a HD radiator for 85 diesel XJ

DieselPioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 85 XJ with the 2.1L Diesel and would like to find a all metal radiator with a 3 row core. I seem to find them all day long for the later XJs. Does anyone know of a source?

I appreciate the reply dizzymac. I did try them along with many other sites with no luck. I was able to get a local radiator shop to put a new 3 row core in mine. I am so used to shopping on the net that I forget about the local services. Thanks again.

You can run one from a 4cyl gas xj. Thats what I did, you just have to get creative with the lower hose since it is offset. I found a pretty nice 3 row unit for cheap.

Did any of you ever find an all copper/brass 3 row radiator for the 85 diesel?

I think that is what I have, a 3 row, it is roughly 2 3/4 inch thick core, but no one seems to have them!

I have an 85 Cherokke pioneer that was originally gas, 4 cyl., manual trans. It it was converted to a 2.2 L., SD22 nissan diesel with a 5 speed manual tranny, (By the prior owner). I am trying to source a new radiator, and it seems to be a Jeep radiator (it is not an OEM nissan radiator) but the core is thicker than I what I see on the net, perhaps it is a custom(?) core in the old end caps? The outer caps and dimensions look right on some of the radiator websites I checked, but they are all way thinner on the core thickness. Mine is 2 3/4" think.

Any new sources or ideas?

I've take it to local service where was rebuild whit 3 copper rows for less then 150$.
Never find at junkyard compatible size.... but I'm in Italy, maybe on some us car...

Back