• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

refreshening rear d35 brake pistons

stupidfast

NAXJA Forum User
im replacing/refurbishing everything thats not in perfect working order at the ends of my 87 mj d35. the whole housing for the brake pistons is all rusty and nasty looking along with the almost completely (well hopefuly "almost completely") rust-welded-in-place bleeder, and the rust continues into the surface the brake pistons ride on. so can i remove the pistons to rid all the rust on where it should be gliding smoothly? can i get inside and clean it all up? or with the bleeder, hopefuly not, being a frozen in-lost cause, does a new housing come with everything i need to just bolt it on (i already bought new bleeders)? this truck sat for a good 2 years outside with rusted out lines around the fuel tank, though there was fluid in the housing when i took it out. thanks

New wheel cylinders will come with new bleeders. I just bought one to fix a broken bleeder in my MJ, cost about 10 bucks.

yeah, I just found the reciept, cost abot $12 after tax.
For $12 it's not even worth buying a rebuild kit for them.

Yes just buy new wheel cylinders!

Also buy new brake hardware - springs, cable, starwheel - cost's about $10 each side. It comes in a bag.

Back