• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So get this:

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
The XJ is back in the shop after only two months. Last week, the ignition contact was going bad(no turn signals, radio, cigg lighter, etc) while the car was running, but would work if switched to Accy. That, and the plate that my tilt bolts to has snapped. Now a couple months ago, I had a new ignition put in because the key snapped off inside it, all thanks to a sloppy tilt. I dropped my Jeep off Monday morning, and expected a call back. I finally got impatient and called them yesterday to see if they'd even looked at it. Of course not. I asked why, and they said their Jeep guy had gone home for the day. Smelling B.S., I went down to the shop around 5pm and imagine my surprise to see their Jeep guy there! So this morning I got a phone call, diagnosing the problem(which has nothing to do with the work they did, wouldn't you believe it). And of course, the part I need is discontinued, and must be ordered from somewhere on the East Coast. That means, the earliest it will be there is Tuesday. So all told; they'll have had my Jeep for at least a week. Suffice to say, I will not be returning to this shop. Sorry for the rant, but I just don't know how some shops stay in busines....

Sorry about that dude

TheWarWagon said:
Sorry for the insanely lengthy post, I just had to vent.
no worries dude, next time post up and ask for help and "we" (as a group NAXJA ) will proabably have it fixed in a weekend ( no guarentees though :laugh3: )

steagall9301 said:
no worries dude, next time post up and ask for help and "we" (as a group NAXJA ) will proabably have it fixed in a weekend ( no guarentees though :laugh3: )

Oh come on now!!
By now we would have had him dropping his transfer case so he could change his blinker fluid!!! :D
:sunshine:

Jump This said:
Oh come on now!!
By now we would have had him dropping his transfer case so he could change his blinker fluid!!! :D
:sunshine:
And check the differential regulator voltage :D

99xjache said:
And check the differential regulator voltage :D
dont forget to lube the muffler bearing:)

anytime you need replacement Johnson Rods, just let us know.

BTW, sometimes my jeep can run while I pull the key out of the ignition. About time to replace ignition cylinder myself

Honestly, I thought about asking you guys, but I'm not a "red letter" guy just yet. And I don't really feel like overstepping the "noob" bounds. But don't you worry, once I get those red letters, there'll be a 'work on my jeep' party almost every weekend....:loveu:

you can ask questions or ask for help anytime as a noob. We were all noobs at one time. In case you havent heard yet: "Why arent you a NAXJA member yet?" hehe

djblade311 said:
you can ask questions or ask for help anytime as a noob. We were all noobs at one time. In case you havent heard yet: "Why arent you a NAXJA member yet?" hehe

You know what? That settles it, I'm mailing in my app. today. I just finished filling it out.

TheWarWagon said:
You know what? That settles it, I'm mailing in my app. today. I just finished filling it out.
cool, welcome to the club and i still say ask weather you are a member or not, the worst that can happen is we say no:shocked: not likely though.

TheWarWagon said:

Dude, bitchen on you ap, but it isn't necessary to get help. But, while you are at it send an email about Surprise Canyon and help access and show your happy ass up to the meet and greet with your rig at my shop.

Got it? Good.

TheWarWagon said:

awesome!

gcurtis said:
Dude, bitchen on you ap, but it isn't necessary to get help. But, while you are at it send an email about Surprise Canyon and help access and show your happy ass up to the meet and greet with your rig at my shop.

Got it? Good.

Already did. Last Friday....

UPDATE: So I just received a phone call from the shop. It turns out there are so many broken parts inside the column, we're just going to swap it out for another one. So with a little luck, and $530, I should have my Jeep back today. party1:

Back