• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np231/SYE question

The gasket is from the original OEM 96' Tcase. The later model t case's you can pull your rear drive shaft out loosing all your fluid. Your stuck with the more expensive SYE or the HD SYE. Unless you find a later model 231 cheap enough to make it worth it. You get a better deal from Tom Woods and such if you buy the kit with the shaft, if you buy them separately you can get the shaft in Fresno for $253 out the door.

I was hoping that by swaping the tail cone and output shaft from the newer 231 would solve this problem. Where in the transfer case is the gasket?

It will work and Ive got one(shaft/housing assembly)out of mine if your interested!Took it out at 3k miles.

thanks for the offer RCP Phx, but the seller is including the output shaft and housing. I'll let you know if I need either though. I'm up in Prescott, once I get the xj finished we should do some wheeling!

Back