• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rally stage

that looks so sweet! i was thinking about getting a rally car and putting it thru some trails too. nice pics!

Thanks, I have been doing sweep (A term used for an emergency team responding to crashes) for 6 years with the Oregon rally group. I get to see everything firsthand. and its also kind of fun chacing the last rally car down.

Awsome. I've been wanting to do sweep but it's always taken. I'm usually the service check out

Damn it! You're supposed to tell us BEFORE the event! I would totally have driven down there! I've been meaning to go that rally for 5 years, but it always slips past me. I would have missed Imola, but that's what Tivo is for. :D

As the previous owner of a '91 Legacy Turbo, a '92 SVX (don't ask!), a '92 Talon TSi, a '02 WRX, and an '04 STi, I very much appreciate rally, and the art of driving sideways. Anyway, great pics!

-----Matt-----

Thats awesome! I was at PIR friday and saw you as the sweep car and I was also at one of the stages off trask river road Saturday--dont remember seeing you then. Overall, it was a great couple days of racing!

Heres some of my pictures from friday http://web.pdx.edu/~sdavison/pictures/ (labeled otr and wrx, etc..) i will end up making a gif of the wrx series.

Do you know what happened to the audi quattro coupe on saturday?

IXNAYXJ said:
As the previous owner of a '91 Legacy Turbo, a '92 SVX (don't ask!), a '92 Talon TSi, a '02 WRX, and an '04 STi...
Why did you get rid of the STi?

Last edited:
crookedletterd said:
Why did you get rid of the STi?
It was too easy to drive fast...no challenge in it. I replaced it with a '90 Miata with no power steering, and I swear that thing is more fun. It was my first taste of a true light weight sports car, and I havn't looked back.

Not to impune the STi, but even with a third of the hp, the little Miata is a total blast to drive. And it gets 30 mpg...the STi struggled to get over 20!

-----Matt-----

Thats really cool that one of you saw my jeep at the pir. How did it look? I had alot of fun. I have pics of the audi as i responded to that call. Give me your e-mail and i will shoot them to you. Victor rolled 6 times and went off a edge about 50 down. My jeep also helped get him up. Pics of that to. As for missing the rally for some of you. The Olimpus Rally is coming back to the states after a 18 year absence, on may 18 weekend in shelton washington. Around tacoma and olimpia. There was only 7 sweeps picked for that event from north america, and i got on the list. So come look for me there.

nitrospeed said:
Thats really cool that one of you saw my jeep at the pir. How did it look? I had alot of fun. I have pics of the audi as i responded to that call. Give me your e-mail and i will shoot them to you. Victor rolled 6 times and went off a edge about 50 down. My jeep also helped get him up. Pics of that to. As for missing the rally for some of you. The Olimpus Rally is coming back to the states after a 18 year absence, on may 18 weekend in shelton washington. Around tacoma and olimpia. There was only 7 sweeps picked for that event from north america, and i got on the list. So come look for me there.
Do you have any more info, or a link or something? I'll be there!

-----Matt-----

P.S. Post the pics of you recovering the Audi, while you're at it?

nitrospeed said:
Thats really cool that one of you saw my jeep at the pir. How did it look? I had alot of fun. I have pics of the audi as i responded to that call. Give me your e-mail and i will shoot them to you. Victor rolled 6 times and went off a edge about 50 down. My jeep also helped get him up. Pics of that to.

The jeep looked awesome! I was waiting for the audi to come around and once the sweep car came, I figured something happened. Then I heard some of the "crowd control" guys talking about a car 50ft down the hill and couldnt get it out. Thats cool you helped get him out. I pm'd my email to you. Thanks!

Thanks for running sweep on the stages at oregon trail... Will you be up in Olympia for the Olympus rally on the 19th and 20th of May?? We will be there with out frankenevo...

Yes Ill be there for the whole event. Come say hellow if you see me there.My buddy who has done sweep with me in the blk durango is now racing in the red 91 talon car 454. We have been doing this for 6 years. My wife sais i go crazy when race season starts, so does are check book. I dont want to see you on the trail however. Later Jeff Dietz ( NITROSPEED Racing ) KE7HIT

Back