• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8L radiator upgrade??

krawler5

NAXJA Forum User
help, i have cracked my radiator in my 2.8L 86 cherokee. its because of colorados extreme heat the past few weeks. i would like to upgrade to a better cooling system but i do not know what to do, so if any body could help, that would be extremly appreciated.
thanx

Never found one and I looked. Just replace it with another GDI unit. Myabe you want to add an oil cooler and separate tranny cooler to help out the stock radiator. Otherwise custom might be your only other hope...or swap out the whole radiator support for the 4.0 enigned model XJs, then you can use the larger 4.0 radiator.

XJguy

The 2.8 rad is old-style, with metal tanks.

20-30 years ago, every radiator shop had the ability to upgrade original radiators to HD (three rows), by using generic cores and just soldering up using customer's tanks.

Try a local radiator shop that's been around that long, and see if they can do a cost-effective 'custom' unit.

Back