• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so pissed...

94XJsnm

NAXJA Forum User
so im in italy, and there are about 6 xj's on the entire base....including mine. Yesterday i saw the same exact jeep as mine, GRN 94, 4.0, 2 door, parked at the gym with 31's on rock crawlers with a 4.5 skyjacker lift. The SAME jeep. You have to be kidding. Anyway...I need to know exactly what im going to have to buy to get my stock 94 up to par...33's, 6in, and whatever else i will need. And by the way, i am on a budget. Any help would be appreciated. Its even the same @#$%ing color!!!!

94XJsnm said:
I need to know exactly what im going to have to buy to get my stock 94 up to par

Depends what kind of course you are playing at...and are you playing from the red, white, or blue tees?

there goes the 2 g's....what about all this transfer case problems and vibrations im reading about...do they come standard when you lift these things or are they case-by-case and what will i need to do?

94XJsnm said:
street, some off-road but nothing too intense, its my daily...
Get a good 3-4" kit and run some 32-33s. If you don't want to regear, stick to a 3" and 31s. If gears are no big deal, then 4"+ and 33s.

Figure the prices:
3/3.5" kit - $700 max with shocks
Tires and rims - ~$800
SYE with shaft - $500

There you go, $2000.

94XJsnm said:
there goes the 2 g's....what about all this transfer case problems and vibrations im reading about...do they come standard when you lift these things or are they case-by-case and what will i need to do?

Most come standard. That much, an SYE is in order, along with a rear DS. Or use a front DS in the rear. You could spring for RE6200, http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=185 (at the top of page) also.

You may be able to shop around, and find something cheaper. Rusty is cheaper, if you want long arms. Do a search on his products:shhh:. http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=605LT&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

You probably have to factor in bigger tires, if you want them, and a regear, as well as upgraded steering, adj. track bar, ect..

The list goes on.

94XJsnm said:
street, some off-road but nothing too intense, its my daily...

OK, I know I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud, but what part of that does a box-stock XJ not do?

We get our kicks in different ways, of course, but I've always thought one of the neat things about a Cherokee is that you can casually take an obviously and visibly unmodified one onto trails that are dotted with oil stains, paint marks, little torn off bits of Blazers, etc. and then drive it home at 70 miles an hour.

Matthew Currie said:
OK, I know I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud, but what part of that does a box-stock XJ not do?

He obviously has Jeep-envy. The other's guy's Jeep is bigger than his, and he wants to fix that, pronto!

Personally, I think that his budget precludes "out-lifting" the other guy. So he should stop, regroup, rethink his plan, and buy a nice set of dubs.

:)
Den

OME heavy duty, 31's and grease his butt in the twisties....

I'd say go with an RE 4.5" lift with 33's. You can get a killer deal at www.performanceoffroadcenter.com They quoted me a price on that kit that was unbelievably low. It's what I'm putting aside for now. =) You could then start searching Jeep graveyards for an axle off a 4 banger with 4.10's or just regear to 4.56 and be ready to rock 'n roll. A lot of local shops will offer gears installed at a fairly reasonable price.

Back